So decided to drop by budapest for a couple of days ? No idea where to visit or what to do ? This guide is designed to all those travelers who come to budapest – to indulge in its cheap alcohol and hot women.
This guide is going to provide some insights on what clubs and pubs you should visit and the dos and don’t while you are enjoying Budapest’s nightlife.
It consist of two parts (Part II – work-in-progress). The first one would deal with the Main Clubs and second would trying taking you through pubs/chill out joints.
Morrison’s 1: Club Link
- Location: 25 Revay utca, Budapest 1065 Hungary (side street near the Opera)
- Cover Charge: 500 ft (€ 2) entrance plus 200 ft for coat ( € 1): Note: Free before 9pm
- Best Time to visit: Mondays between 9-11pm
Morrison’s 1 is the pub for monday nights. Usually, it is filled with a large proportion of university students from Corvinus, University of Technology and Economics and few other universities nearby. This means that there is always a good mix of international students who speak english in contrast to the locals. When you enter remember to collect the three coupons, which gives you 3 free beers. It is recommended that you redeem all three coupons at once since this pub gets every crowded as the night progresses. Furthermore, the coupons MUST be redeemed BEFORE 11pm or they are worthless.
The pub consist of three main areas: Karoake, Foosball area and main Dance floor.
Karoake place consist of three televisions, which allows individuals to sing along to rather limited list of songs. But as the night progresses, the karoake area becomes very popular specially among locals.
Foosball area consist of two Foosball tables, which are always occupied. Besides that, there are three large tables with chairs. This is the only place in the pub with seating space. This is the area to go if you just need to have a seat and enjoy your free beer.
Main dance Floor – Heads up – Morrison’s 1 does have a good DJ but his song list can be abit too limited for some people’s taste.
Menu Prices as at July 2009
Draft Beer: Ft 480
Gold Tequilla:Ft 500
Long Island: Ft 1800
- Location: 1055, Budapest Honved 40, Hungary (Its on the Yellow Tram line two/three stops after Oktogon)
- Cover Charge: 1000 FT (€ 4) plus 200 ft for coat ( € 1). Note: Free before 9pm
- Best Time to visit: Thursdays before 11pm
If you are into the Big/Massive clubs with different dance floors then M2 is the place. By far, its the largest Club in Budapest (Except fortnightly Studio parties), it has:
Garden bar: Open area with a massive bar and scattered table arrangements
Level 2: Game Center with over 10 pool tables, arcade game machines, foosball etc.
Level 1: Three dance floors:
- When you enter, on the left side (same side as the coat room), there is a dance floor that plays hungarian music
- On your right side, there is a large bar cum dance floor which play RnB and Hip Hop
- On your side past the large dance floor (on the left side), there is a small entrance to a techno and trance dance floor.
Menu prices as at August 2009:
Please refer to the website link: Morrison 2 Prices
Personally, I recommend to go here before 11pm when the alcohol is ridiculously cheap, buy abt 3-5 beers (Cost less than 1000 FT – € 4) and then go up to the Garden Bar and chill. This place is perfect to meet Hungarian girls (if that’s what you are looking for). The best time to go down to the dance floor is after 12pm. But heads up: its freaking crowded on popular days and usually rarely have room to dance.
Coventiteto: Club Link
- Location: Corvin Áruház 4. emelet, VIII. Blaha Lujza tér 1-2.(Its on the Yellow Tram line get down at Blaha Lujza or take Red metro/Tram to Astoria )
- Cover Charge: 200 FT (€ 1) plus 100 ft for coat ( € 0.5). Note: Free before 9pm and after its only € 4.
- If you are going to the Roof Top bar: ITS FREE 🙂
- Best Time to visit: Wednesday after 12pm
This place serves you all. Whether you are into Techno, Hip Hop, RNB, Trance, Live Music, Blues, Jazz, Reggae or into open roof top bars or closed smoky dance floors.
I love this place specially in Summer when the Roof Top is opened (usually around April). The Rooftop has a beautiful view of the City and enough seating to accommodate at least 100 people.
Best part: Take the life up. Usually, most people like to climb up the four floors using the Graffiti filled staircase. But, I highly recommend the free lift ride up. The lift operator (Alex for those who know him) is crazy guy. He has literally pipped the lift up with deco, music and seating. Plus, he sell alcohol tooo. So, forgot the pre-party get a cheap beer from him before heading up
If you decided to go the dance floor, the music and atmosphere that awaits you is always refreshening. With a big-ass bar, you never have to wait to order and the regulars can be anything from 16 to 55.
Menu prices as at August 2009:
Beer: 500 Ft
Vodka Red Bull: 1200 Ft
A38: Club Link
- Location: Petöfi Bridge Muegyetem Rakpart Budapest (Take a cab there )
- Cover Charge: 1000 FT (€ 4) Note: Take you coat cos it can get quite cold near the river even in Summer.
- Best Time to visit: Thursday
Tired of drinking and dancing on dry land? Why not set cruise the waters of the Danube on this magnificent ship-cum-nightclub. Opened in April 2003, and already the hottest club in Hungary, it used to be a Ukrainian stone-carrier. Built in 1938 – hence the name – it was dragged all the way from the Ukraine to Budapest and underwent extensive reconstruction before reopening as the A38. Today it’s a summer club offering the best of live international beats.
Once on board you choose between three floors of revelry: the roof terrace, the restaurant, and the lounge and club
If you really like this place, I would recommend to go there when you are sober for lunch or Brunch.
My favorites are “Rumpsteak (250 g) „ For Everyone” on herb-flavoured buttered baguette with salad (price was about Ft 3500” and “Roasted fillet of duckbreast in port winesauce, garnished with mashed jerusalem artichoke and string beans (Price was over FT 3000). So, if you can’t decide try one or both of them.
Menu prices as at August 2009: Check the A38 site because the drinks prices change depending on the events.