So today, I was watching the first and only interview done by Lo Hwei Yen’s husband. As expected, it was definitely an emotional interview, he said certain things about their life, which really took me by surprise. The feeling I got from what he said was that he knew exactly how important she was in his life while they were together. So it got me thinking about an old saying
You don’t know what you have until you lose it
- But honestly after listening to him, I get the feeling it is not like that. You always know what you have, you just never thought you would lose it……..Sometimes no matter how much you miss someone it’s still wiser not to have that person… back again.
- Hearts are easily torn but can also be sown together by someone who cares…… Though the scars won’t fade, the stitches will always be there to remind you that someone loves you enough to keep you whole again.
- Goodbyes make you think…… They make you realize what you’ve had, what you’ve lost and what you’ve taken for granted. They make you realize that sometimes, there are no next times, no time outs and no second chances….. Makes you reflect about the time you skipped dinner with your gf/wife to watch soccer with the guys cos you knew you would always have dinner with her tmrw…..
- It’s okay to cry as hard and as long as you want to. Just make sure that when you stop crying, you won’t cry for the same reason anymore.
- It’s not easy letting go of someone you’ve put everything into. But it’s harder to realize later on that you’ve been holding on to something that wasn’t there… anymore.
Moving on my usual emotional issues:
- How can we love people who don’t seem to make things worth at all? Why do we become so numb caring for people whom at times don’t even think of us in a day or two? Why do we let ourselves hurt and continue hoping for a love that makes us defenseless?
- And why do we prioritize these people who only choose us as options? Are these the reasons why sometimes in love we end up losing ourselves? Sad but true…
- Pain is when you can’t breathe even if your chest still rises and falls……Sadness is when you look out the window and think the rain are your tears……. Loneliness is when you still feel a hand touching yours even if there’s none…… Desperation is when you wait for a message that will never come…. Then love is merely when you experience all those things and still open your heart to that someone.
- Don’t be bitter and full of hatred when the one you love doesn’t love you the way you love her/him or worst yet lose the one you love…… Ask, listen and let go. Don’t force yourself to understand when you can’t, to fight hard when obviously it’s over and to play deaf to the nagging truth that what you’ve had doesn’t work and won’t work anymore. Instead, say: “I have loved you more than you think I would, but I feel sorry that you’ve lost your chance to be loved more than you would ever feel in your life after this…”
- In life, we always search for answers because we want to prove ourselves that we had the right decisions but the truth is we can’t search for what is not there……. Things happen because it is meant to happen. That’s why we forgive people even if they hurt us, we love people who don’t love us and we smile despite every painful crash in our hearts……. At the end of the day, the lesson you get are the answers to your decisions.
- When something is over, don’t always think that it can start again. When it’s broken, you can’t always put back all the pieces… life is not the way you want it to be, when you know that someone is hurting you so much, just stop! It hurts a lot, but you must learn to let go. Don’t’ push yourself too hard, just remember that in every ending, there’s such a thing that we call… beginning.
- Sometimes you need to set things free even though it’s hard. Things may not be the same but soon you’ll see that what you did is far better than before.